Tuesday, January 26, 2010

when short is sweet

Personally, I dislike Twitter. I don't really care what other people are doing at every given moment and most of their thoughts of wisdom, well aren't. And I'm starting to get a bit paranoid about those that are following me. But I do like that it's short and when used effectively it can be great - a link to a relevant article is about the best example.

No surprise, I'm not a "texter". I like to talk to people and not write coded short forms that can be misunderstood or not understood. But hearing that people buried in the rubble in Haiti have sent texts to friends and been saved is fantastic. It is a brilliant use of technology. And that the charitable organizations have quickly caught on and have coordinated texting to donations is also brilliant. Make it easy. Easy to ask for help. Easy to give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment